Through a nationwide contest open to young innovators, The Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF) is challenging Nigerian youths to use their ingenuity to solve significant problems and produce change through creativity and innovation.
It is worthy to mention that The USPF Innovation Changemaker Challenge 2017 is a national contest open to young innovators: software developers, UX designers, ICT enthusiasts and students from all over Nigeria.
The aim of the competition is to confront a selection of identified problems centered on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) with reference to Nigeria and offer working solutions to them.
Applicants will be required to invent their own technology intervention for any of the following areas:
- Agriculture and Creation of Mass Employment: In the production, storage or distribution of food.
- Environment: Oil & Gas, Flood, Erosion/Climate Change.
- National e-data on Poverty, Disease, Security.
- Health/Lifestyle: Medical Doctors Information Exchange Tool; Health Insurance etc.
- Epidemic Mobility Tracking Solutions: e.g. Ebola, Lassa fever.
- Disease Destroyer Games: Educational games on disease eradication e.g. Malaria, Polio, and HIV.
- Education: Virtual Education, E-Library & E-Learning Systems.
- Intelligent Technologies for Scientists, Science Teachers, Engineers, etc.
- Girls4Tech: Interactive solutions aimed at getting young girls interested technology and innovation.
- Fraud whistle-Blowers: Enabling or assistive technology.
- Information Technology: Communications Quality of Service.
- National Security: Cybercrime and Cyber security Solutions, etc.
- E-Government: Government Automation Processes.
- E-Commerce: e-Transactions, Payment Systems, among others.
Admittance is open to teams, minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 members (individual entries not allowed). As USPF seeks to encourage more gender diversity in technology innovation, Teams with female members will have certain added advantage.
Thirty (30) teams will be shortlisted from the entries (made up of the top 5 entries from each geopolitical zone). They will be invited for the national finals, where the top 3 finalists are expected to win the following prizes:
1st Prize – N1, 000,000* plus acceptance into incubation programme
2nd Prize – N750, 000* plus acceptance into incubation programme
3rd Prize – N500, 000* plus acceptance into incubation programme
*Monetary prize includes product completion and cash
Opening date for registration: 4th July, 2017
Closing date for registration: 14th August, 2017
Changemaker Challenge Finals: 28th & 29th October, 2017
To register, log on to: http://www.uspfchangemaker.ng
For further enquiries contact:
- Nelson Afundu, 0803 491 4007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joke Atte, 0816 391 3797; 09-4617448; email@example.com
From our side, we wish all the aspirants good luck as they prepare for the competition to enhance national development through Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) with reference to Nigeria, and for global impact. The time to think and act is now; these are life and business essentials, so let’s keep thinking clearly. Thank you for reading and do have a beautiful day!
Your suggestions, comments or contributions are highly appreciated.
Find <a target=’new’ href=”https://www.facebook.com/406938522791381″>patirole.com</a> on Facebook